Blogging Your Interest
Sunday 5 April 2020, 10am-4pm
Full Price: $200
Conc Member: $120
Turn your passion into an engaging blog that attracts readers from around the world and sustain your practice. This blogging essentials course will help you select the right blogging platform for your style and cover all the key elements of setting up a blog, saving you weeks of research and frustration.
It’s a fact, that after a burst of initial excitement, most bloggers give up within three months. A key outcome of this course is learning how to sustain your blogging practice.
Blogging Your Interest will give you the tips, tricks and successful tactics behind publishing and updating a blog. You’ll understand the key elements of a content strategy including how to write an engaging post. We’ll cover how to stay motivated and where to find the support and inspiration to make sure you’re blogging and building an engaged community for years to come.
Learning from award-winning blogger Thang Ngo, you’ll get an overview of the essential free blogging and social media tools to make your blog look great, track visitors and promote your blog.
Expected Learning outcomes:
- Publish a blog: from research, preparation, developing a content strategy through to the tools and resources you need to publish a blog
- Stay motivated and inspired: to publish regular blog posts
- Build readership: learn tactics and tips to promote your blog, attract visitors and gain a basic understanding of blog analytics
- Bring up to three ideas for a blog.
- This course is relevant for all levels of writing skills, from established writers looking to build an audience online, to beginners who want to share their writing with a digital community.
- Participants should have a high level of language skills and at least basic competency in Microsoft Word or Word:Mac. You can take notes on your laptop or tablet (fully charged) or use pen and paper but digital and hard copy course notes are provided.
More from Writing NSW
Check out our full range of in-person writing courses in Sydney, our online writing courses and our feedback programs to see how we can help you on your writing journey. Find out about our grants and prizes, as well as writing groups across NSW, and sign up to our weekly newsletter for writing events, opportunities and giveaways.
About the tutor
Thang Ngo has been blogging for 17 years. His blog, noodlies, is one of Australia’s most influential food and lifestyle blogs. Blogging has resulted commissioned work for offline publications such as Good Food (the Sydney Morning Herald, the Age), Feast Magazine, the Drum (ABC) and Tiger Inflight magazine.