Online seminar: Book Publicity for Authors
Thursday 24 June, 6:30-8:45pm AET (NSW)
Full Price: $85
Conc Member: $55
So, you’ve finished writing your book and are preparing to publish it – congratulations! Now comes the real challenge: getting it into the hands of readers. Join publicist Léa Antigny for insights and advice on how book publicity really works – and how the media landscape has changed since COVID-19.
Over her career, Léa has managed media campaigns for many beloved Australian authors, including Kim Scott, Di Morrissey, Fiona Wright, Krissy Kneen, and international authors including Mary Norris, Pamela Paul and Ta-Nehisi Coates.
In this seminar, she will cover:
- Understanding the media: the avenues available for coverage of various genres and authors, media lead times and requirements
- Finding and framing the best media angles for yourself and your book
- Tips for writing a good press release and communicating with media
- Maintaining a fun and effective social media presence to assist in promoting yourself and your book
- Using social media to find your community and network with booksellers, other authors and publishers
- Connecting with booksellers in person
Expected Learning Outcomes
- The essential information for developing a media angle for your book
- An understanding of Australian media outlets that will potentially cover your book
- How to best utilise social media as a promotional and networking tool
This seminar takes place on Zoom. You will need a secure internet connection and confidence using computer software to take part in this seminar. Please note, basic instruction on creating and using social media platforms will not be provided. If you have any questions, please contact us.
More from Writing NSW
Check out our full range of online creative writing courses and our feedback programs to see how we can help you on your writing journey. Find out about our grants and prizes, as well as writing groups across NSW, and sign up to our weekly newsletter for writing events, opportunities and giveaways.