Membership & Administration Officer
Writing NSW is looking for an enthusiastic and highly organised Membership & Administration Officer to coordinate and promote member services and provide financial and general administrative support for our exciting and diverse programs.
Reporting to the Business & Property Manager, you will coordinate member programs and services, carry out day-to-day financial administration, respond to public inquiries, administer the membership database, manage venue bookings, organise caretaker and volunteer rosters, assist with events and other activities, and undertake other tasks as required.
You will have demonstrated experience in financial administration and in general administration tasks including database management, scheduling and staff rosters. You will be an excellent communicator and team player, with the ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
Consultative, but also able to work independently, you will demonstrate a rigorous attention to detail and a determination to get things right. Your interest in writers and engagement with the writing community will help make you a valued member of our talented and committed team. Experience working in a member-based organisation will be an advantage.
This is a full-time position, with some weekend and evening work required. The salary package, including superannuation, will be in the range of $45,000-$52,000 per annum, depending on experience.
Applications should include your CV, a cover letter addressing the selection criteria (below) and contact details for at least two professional referees. Applications should be emailed to email@example.com by midnight on Sunday 8 September 2019.
For a full position description, click here.
For further information please contact David Henley, Business & Property Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Excellent organisational skills, including ability to manage multiple projects at a time while maintaining meticulous attention to detail
- Experience in day-to-day financial administration, preferably using Xero, including processing electronic payments, merchant settlement reconciliations, invoicing, accounts receivable and payable, petty cash management and banking
- Experience administering a database
- Experience in front-line customer service, including responding to face-to-face, telephone and electronic inquiries
- Experience in digital communications, including website administration using WordPress, e-newsletters and a comprehensive familiarity with social media
- Ability to think strategically and to make a creative contribution to membership programs and strategies
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, while also being a constructive team member and ensuring managers and colleagues are kept informed
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to promote Writing NSW services and to liaise with members, volunteers and others
- Interest in writers and engagement with the writing community
- A current driver’s licence and car
- Flexibility and willingness to take on tasks as required
Located in beautiful Callan Park, Lilyfield, Writing NSW is a not-for-profit organisation that provides support to writers at all stages of their careers. We run a lively program of courses, workshops and events as well as providing a range of services to our members and the broader writing community. We receive funding from Create NSW, the Australia Council and Inner West Council.
Writing NSW encourages the submission of proposals to include in our twice-yearly course programming rounds. We schedule courses in March/April (for June-December of the same year) and in August/September (for January-June of the following year).
If you are a writer or author with experience teaching/tutoring, or if you have significant experience working in a relevant field with industry expertise, we will consider your proposal during the planning stages of our program.
To be considered you must complete the Expression of Interest form.
Writing NSW offers six half-yearly internships. These volunteer positions are an excellent opportunity for emerging arts workers with an interest in literature, communications or arts management to develop their skills by working with our talented and supportive team.
The internships are advertised each year in May and November. The successful applicants work one day per week from January-June or July-December at our office in Callan Park, Lilyfield.
Located in beautiful Callan Park, Lilyfield, Writing NSW is the premier writing organisation in the state, providing support to writers from all backgrounds and at all stages of their careers. A not-for-profit organisation, we run a lively program of courses, workshops and events as well as providing a range of services to our members and the broader writing community. Writing NSW receives funding from Create NSW, the Australia Council and the Inner West Council.