The Centre runs a range of courses for people looking to expand their skills as a writer in a business environment
You’re good at your job but get a sinking feeling when it’s time to write reports, emails, proposals or other business documents. You know what you want to say but struggle to express yourself clearly and succinctly. You’re a good writer, but your grammar and punctuation are letting you down.
Whether you are a business writer trying to influence staff, a blogger, a speechmaker, a campaigner for a cause or someone writing a memoir, you need to connect with and involve your readers.
Being able to write clearly and concisely, and structure your material for maximum effect, is a key communication skill. Our writing for business training courses will help you to use words more effectively at work. Whether you work in the public service or the private sector, are an admin assistant or a CEO, we will show you how to communicate clearly, concisely and appropriately for your audience.
Our courses covers:
- Getting the grammar, punctuation and spelling right.
- Focusing on the audience and the purpose of what you are writing.
- Selecting an appropriate tone.
- Gathering and organising your material.
- Developing key messages: what do you really want to say?
- Building an appropriate structure.
- Constructing clear sentences that effortlessly convey your meaning.
- Editing your first draft.
Go here for the latest of our business writing courses