Create Your Online Author Platform
Wednesday 13 November, 6:30-9pm
Full Price: $55
Conc Member: $35
You want to build your online author platform but have no idea where to start. You want to use social media effectively, but you’re not sure how. Sound like you? This seminar will cover steps on how to do all of these. It will introduce you to the principles of developing your author platform, including advice on using a personal website, author Facebook page and social media to boost your online presence.
Whether you’re an emerging writer or have several published books, this seminar can help you make yourself more discoverable to readers.
Please note: this seminar provides advice on digital tools, but does not provide step-by-step instruction on using any websites or platforms.
- Advice for creating your personal website
- Deciding which social media platform is best for you
- Tips for running an author Facebook page
- How to create engagement through social media
- Where to find free tools and stock photos
- Advice on creating an author newsletter
Expected Learning Outcomes
- Advice for setting up an author website
- How to use social media to help boost your profile
- Where to find the tools to help with your author platform
Bring a pen and paper or writing device of choice.
About the tutor
Kristyn M. Levis
Kristyn M. Levis is a freelance writer, author and photographer based in Sydney. She is currently the managing editor of Her Collective and creative director of 3C Digital. Her first novel, The Girl Between Two Worlds, was published in 2016. Book Two, The Girl Between Light and Dark, was released in May 2018. Her latest book, The Search for Adarna, was published in […]