Book Publicity for Authors
Wednesday 1 April 2020, 6:30-9pm
Full Price: $60
Conc Member: $35
Your book has finally been published, but now comes the real challenge – getting it into the hands of readers. Join publishing campaign manager Lara Wallace for insights and advice on how book publicity really works.
In recent years, Lara has managed media campaigns for many bestselling authors, including Jimmy Barnes, Liane Moriarty, Scott Pape (The Barefoot Investor), Johnathan Thurston and Ellyse Perry.
In this seminar, she will cover:
- Developing your social media accounts to effectively promote yourself and your book
- Using social media to network with booksellers, other authors and publishers
- Tips for writing a good press release
- Finding and framing the best media angles for yourself and your book
- Working with your publisher to achieve the most effective publicity campaign for your book
- Connecting with booksellers in person, and how to promote yourself and your book to booksellers
Pen and paper, or fully charged device. Please note, basic instruction on creating and using social media platforms will not be provided.
More from Writing NSW
Check out our full range of in-person writing courses in Sydney, our online writing courses and our feedback programs to see how we can help you on your writing journey. Find out about our grants and prizes, as well as writing groups across NSW, and sign up to our weekly newsletter for writing events, opportunities and giveaways.
About the tutor
Lara Wallace is a communications professional with over 12 years’ experience in the publishing industry. She has worked on campaigns for a variety of fiction, non-fiction, children’s and young adult books. She is currently campaign manager for local non-fiction at HarperCollins Australia and has previously worked at Pan Macmillan and Allen & Unwin.